Adoption Special until December 25, 2018!
Washington County Gives – November 27, 2018
Washington County Gives is a county-wide, single-day event that draws attention to the many local, charitable non-profit organizations that enhance our quality of life every day of the year.
All donations are appreciated and tax deductible.
With the following gift amounts, we can accomplish:
- $25 Provides vaccinations for one cat or dog
- $50 Provides milk replacer for one liter of four kittens
- $75 Provides all vaccinations, heartworm testing, and deworming for one dog
- $100 Provides spaying or neutering for two kittens
- $150 Provides complete medical care for adoption for one dog (spay or neuter, all vaccinations, heartworm testing and deworming)
- $200 Provides spays and neuters for one litter of four kittens
- $300 Provides complete medical care for one litter of four kittens (spay or neuter, all vaccinations and deworming)
- $500 Provides daily care of all shelter dogs and cats for one month
Doggie Splash – August 11, 2018
SPAYghetti Dinner – April 6, 2018
Our 5th Annual SPAYghetti Fundraising Dinner was held at the St. Francis Borgia Catholic Church Social Hall. The sold-out venue featured:
* The Herd, UNO’s percussion ensemble, directed by Dr. Scott Shinbara, greeted guests
* Tracey Wieser and Dave Lemunyon with his blind dog, Malaki and his other dog, Moxy, were inside greeters – they were a big hit and were a great reminder that the event was “all about the animals”
* A catered Italian dinner byOur Specialtea
* Cash bar featuring wine and craft beers from Too Far North
* Whoopie Pie Desserts from The Hidden Kitchen
* Keynote speakers Dan Mallory (Fire Chief) and Chad Nixon (Assistant Chief) of the Fort Calhoun Volunteer Fire Department related their experiences with disaster relief assistance in Texas and Florida
* Pet fashion show of 11 nattily attired dogs
* Nearly100 items in a silent auction
A huge THANK YOU to our corporate sponsors, silent auction sponsors, volunteers and everyone who attended this very special event!
Doggie Splash – August 12, 2017
SPAYghetti Dinner – April 1, 2017
The 4th Annual SPAYghetti Fundraising Dinner was held at South Creek Conference Center. The event featured a catered Italian dinner by Tastefully Done Catering at Our Specialtea; keynote speaker Mark Langan, author and Vice President Field Operations at the Nebraska Humane Society; a pet fashion show and silent auction. A huge THANK YOU to our corporate sponsors, silent auction sponsors, volunteers and everyone who attended this very special event!
Dog Day at the Patch – October 2, 2016
Woof, woof! Dogs were seen in abundance enjoying the attractions at Skinny Bones Pumpkin Patch during the ‘Dog Day at the Patch’ fundraiser held on October 2, 2016!
A total of 28 dogs of all shapes and sizes enjoyed the warm fall weather, along with their owners at this event which raised funds to help the two heartworm positive pups at the Blair Animal Shelter.
Members of the Friends organization were present to judge the costumes worn by the participating dogs. Three favorite costumes were selected by the judges and those owners received a prize for their efforts. All participating dogs enjoyed a doggie treat as they exited the contest! It was a fun day for all!!
Next year’s event promises to be bigger and better with your participation! Be sure to mark the first Sunday in October on your calendar so you too can join us for the festivities!!
We would like to thank Maria for inviting the Friends to host this fundraiser!! Happy ‘woof, woof’ Halloween!